381 N. York Road # 4, Elmhurst, IL 60126
Our caregivers are trained in Alzheimer's care and activities utilizing research from Alliance for Aging and the Alzheimer's Association. We focus on what your loved one can do and enjoy. Our activities enhance pleasant memories, stimulate the senses and create enjoyable days.
Warning Signs of Alzheimer's Disease
The Alzheimer's Association has developed the 10 Warning Signs Of Alzheimer's. Click on the link for a detailed explanation of each of the 10 warning signs of Alzheimer's disease:
Family caregiver stress test - you need a break to be a better caregiver.
According to the Alzheimer's Association, if you answer "yes" to the following questions you may be putting your own health at risk due to high stress levels. Ask yourself these questions:
Do you regularly . . .
1. Feel like you have to do it all yourself, and that you should be doing more Yes No
2. Withdraw from family, friends and activities that you used to enjoy Yes No
3. Worry that the person you care for is safe Yes No
4. Feel anxious about money and healthcare decisions Yes No
5. Deny the impact of the disease and its effects on your family Yes No
6. Feel grief or sadness that your relationship with the person isn't what it used to be Yes No
7. Get frustrated and angry when the person with dementia continually repeats things and doesn't seem to listen Yes No
8. Have health problems that are taking a toll on you mentally and physically Yes No
As a caregiver, you need to take care of yourself so that you can handle the challenges that come with caring for someone with Alzheimer's disease. Handle With Care provides a flexible solution with no long term contracts. We can give you a much needed break a few hours a day, a few days a week or everyday. You deserve to take care of yourself.